Friday, June 10, 2011

Humor Me...

Apparently, I'm the worst wife ever because I haven't posted about my wonderful husband and the triumph of surviving through our first year of marriage. Well, I'm not a horrible wife anymore.... so HA! And I'll attempt to get pics posted of then and now. (Yes, I'm stealing your idea Cassie!) Maybe even get our "history" on this blog so people know all the juicy details about our lllooonnngg dating life... haha or maybe I'll just spare you.

Anyway, on to business:

It's official, we've made it through our first year of marriage, and although everyone says that the first year of marriage is the hardest, I'm not entirely sure that I would agree. Which makes me extremely nervous for the next few years. I've also heard from a wise sister, that it's years 3, 6, 11, and 15 that I need to worry about. ;) Well, worry aside, it's been great so far and I'm pretty sure it'll only get better with time (as long as we don't kill each other).

I've always said that I was so excited to be pitifully poor with my husband during the first few years of marriage. However, when faced with that very circumstance, I learned that it's not all that fun and worry free, but you learn things about yourself AND your marriage that can't be learned any other way. The first year was wonderful and stressful, and happy, and crazy, and incredible all rolled into one. James isn't the same man I married last year. He's changed, and I know that I have changed as well, however, we are stronger people and our marriage is stronger because of it.

(Those of you that have been married longer are probably shaking your head and thinking, "Ah, they don't know anything yet... just wait a couple years.") But so far, I'm loving being married and loving the life that James and I have made so far. So, we'll stand and take the future as it comes.
       Late
Happy ^ Anniversary Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment