Sheesh!!
Have you ever noticed that the minute you sit down to do something important, like homework, you find yourself aimlessly searching the internet for something, ANYTHING, to put off said task? Well, I have. In fact, that's the point and purpose of this posting today. I have 2 essays in my Family, Human, and Child Development class that are due today, and somehow I have had the biggest brain block in the history of brain blocks! I can't seem to make my writing magic happen today. So, I'm hoping that through my attempt at a first time blogger to unblock the mind and let the writing juices flow.
The assignment is actually quite interesting. We have to jot down 5 things we hope to learn about intimate relationships, marriage, and family life over the course of the class. Then we must dissect each one and explain why we hope to learn that, and why it is more important to us than other topics.
The next essay focuses on an issue we are currently struggling with and what we can do to fix the problem. We must fill out an "Awareness Wheel" about the problem, (which has seven parts to it) then write a coherent essay about our findings. What I have found is that I think too hard about a subject then end up with nothing more than a crumpled stack of papers and a throbbing headache.
After finally finishing the second portion of the assignment, I excitedly typed my "genius" response in the computer. Once it was completed, I reread my response only to question myself. "Does it really answer the question he asked? Is he going to understand the humor, or think it's a complete disaster?" So, my doubts overruled for the second time, forcing me to reject all my previous efforts. In the end, the second portion is complete, and only two or three sentences made it from one draft to the next. Sad isn't it?
So... now the journey begins to attempt to write the first portion of my assignment. Wish me luck and hopefully you won't have another babbling attempt to unblock my mind post anytime
wow, finally up!!
ReplyDeleteI HATE writer's block!!! Good Luck with the assignment! Glad to see you finally posted on your blog!
ReplyDeleteYou need a new post already!!! You should go faster at this thing. Maybe come out and Cassie can help you out so you know how to do stuff, like the side thing and how to post a picture and other stuff like adding gadgets or blog lists things.... :)
ReplyDeletehahaha you're funny Logan...
ReplyDelete