Friday, September 24, 2010

College...

So, I finished my essays on time last week. Thanks for all the well-wishes!
I promise this is the last post about my homework woes.

I've decided that school/college is equivalent to the Never-Ending Story. Here's why:
  • Homework - Once you proudly finish one assignment, they load on another.
  • Inevitably, the dog can't eat your homework for every class....even if you try.
  • Exams - There's always something to study for.
  • Graduation comes and so do those wonderful student loan deadlines... Ten years down the road, they're still not paid off!!
  • Once you finally graduate, you think to yourself "Is this really what I want to do with my life?"
  • When you go in for a job interview, they don't ask about your major or degree. They just think it's great that you went to school for any amount of time.  (What?!)
  • After you're hired, you find yourself working in a prestigious job next to a high school dropout who knows more about your job than your boss.... 
  • Roomies will never leave you alone... even if you want them to. (I'm just kidding!! I love you all!)
  • Midnight runs to do laundry instead of homework. There is never enough time to do it during the day.
  • Ramen and cold cereal will forever be the staple of my home.
But despite it all, you look back at your college years and smile. Why? Because of the life's lessons that you learned. Now, I'm still in the middle of my college years, but it's been two very different experiences. I wasn't married back then! But I wouldn't change any of it. So... bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with the cold cereal... you can never have enough in the house. On a different note, you should get pictures up.

    ReplyDelete