Tuesday, August 14, 2012

We MUST be Crazy...

So after a few months of non-posting, I finally have a spare moment to sit down and write. The past few months have been absolutely CRAZY!! Especially the last week. Here's a small update into our insanity:

  • James is going back to school! BHI is helping him go through an Electrician program and at the end of 4 loooonngg years of study, he'll be a Master Electrician with a degree. If any of you remember, James does not like school. He is NOT excited about the schooling part, I am estatic. Buuut, the $10 an hour raise is a big motivator for him. ;) He'll somehow survive. 
  • I am about to graduate school. With a few major changes we'll discuss later on, I decided to postpone graduating until the Spring semester instead of Fall. Things are just a little too crazy and I needed more time to adjust. School is uber important to me, so I want to do well. And taking my final 13 credits in two semesters seems like a good pace for me. I know I can do it and do it well. 
  • As you already know, we are expecting our first little baby in December and we couldn't be more excited about his arrival! We were a little worried that we would NEVER find out the gender because the babe was so stubborn (he gets it from James side, surely) but we finally got an unmistakable view of the 'ahem' parts, and he is one PROUD baby boy. Lol, we already love this little guy and are growing more and more impatient to have him here. Here's a couple of my absolute favorite pics of our sweet baby boy:
Can't get enough of those chubby cheeks!!
See? He is very proud ;)

  • And one more little tidbit that just happened this week.... We bought a HOUSE! This little beauty will be ours Sept 27th. It's actually a funny story because we weren't looking to buy a house for a while. However, our rental lease was up and we were pretty sure our landlords were going to raise the rent. When we went to pay our Aug rent, we asked about signing another year lease and they acted a little strange and fidgety. I figured they were going to raise the rent by a couple hundred bucks since everyone else in the Uintah Basin was getting $1100-1300 for any rental. 
  • Needless to say, we (translation, I) panicked for about a day. Then we decided to talk to our sis-in-law who is in real estate. If our rent was going to go up to what a house payment would be anyway, we felt it was better put into our OWN mortgage instead of someone else's. We only looked at houses that we could reasonably afford the payment. When James got off work, I had 5 houses that we were going to go look at. When we walked through this house, we immediately felt like it was home. It was supposed to be ours. Later that night, we went home, thought about it, prayed about it, weighed pros and cons, and slept on it. The next morning, we talked to the bank and were pre-approved for a GREAT interest rate and loan agreement. We put in an offer and within hours, we found out that the sellers accepted!! So, come next month we will officially be in our own home! 
  • Here's a few pics of the house for those of you that haven't seen it yet. Enjoy!
Front

Front Room - Lovin' the wood floors!

Living Room

Kitchen

Dining Room

Bathroom

2 comments:

  1. What a cute house! Good for you both! School is always good, even if its hard. Congrats on a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your updates! I feel like since I moved away I don't know anything! The house is SOO cute!! I love the colors and wood floor! Seriously tho, I am so glad you're buying instead of renting. I miss you and James! We are (hopefully) coming out in October for Rebeccas wedding and I can't wait to see your house!

    ReplyDelete